- 158341 - Domestic AirFreight Customer Service Manager
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Los Angeles
- Our Client:
A mid-sized Domestic Air Freight Company,
Seeks Experienced Customer Service Manager
Communicates with origin and destination locations regarding shipment status
Perform multi-directional tasks in order to effectively service the full scope of customer needs.
Job Responsibilities include:
*Communicating with customers, coworkers and sales staff both verbally and via email
•Train, monitor and mentor Customer service team.
•Obtain rate quotes and book shipments with airlines and train new staff on rate quote procedures.
•Assist clients in planning of transit times and routes, receive bookings and trace lost or misdirected cargo shipments.
• Follow operations policies, procedures, standards, including safety procedures/policies for handling of hazardous material, and ensure compliance with transport regulations.
Troubleshoot all problems to resolution and communicate proactively with all customers
• Communicate with common carriers to verify inbound arrival information.
• Cross train teams.
• Update and forward customer shipment tracking reports as required by customers' Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
• Arrange trucking to customer's warehouses as required by SOP's.
• Identify and resolve issues causing delays in cargo movement.
• Update customer SOPs as necessary.
• Create and forward back up documentation for accounts payable for payments on appropriate A/P posted items.
Approve invoices for payment by accounting department.
Provide ongoing support and proactive responses to service issues.
Manager Level knowledge of Freight Forwarding Operations including the following:
FAA, TSA Regulations/AES
Thorough knowledge of airport practices and procedures
Communication: good phone skills, is tactful and discrete in interactions
Organizational and time management skills: multi-tasking and prioritizing,
planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals
Team player with proven ability to work under pressure
Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up
Adaptability to changes in the work environment - manages competing demands and is able to deal with
frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel
Provide and ensure a high level of customer service by developing and maintaining a strong relationship with Customers and Customer Service Team.
Great Opportunity for Growth
High Energy Atmosphere
Salary Range $50k-$60k DOE
Full time, Permanent position
Lisa Roll at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x243 or (800) 927-9318 x243
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.