- 165992 - Experimental Machinist - O/M
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Experimental Machinist for an opening in El Segundo, CA
- Operate all manner of manual and computer controlled machine tools such as Lathes, Milling Machines, Drill press and Grinders to fabricate precision metal, plastic and composites parts.
- Working knowledge of machining scientific materials such as Kovar, Titanium,
- Read and interpret blueprints and electronic files.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Uses precision gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements as described on blue prints / drawings.
- Working understanding of GEO-Metric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to write basic programs using machine controller or computer aided software such as Master-Cam.
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program (MUST) and 2-3 years of experience.
High school diploma or GED required.
WORK HOURS: 1ST SHIFT
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Chris Conaway at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.