- 166453 - Metrology Technician - CA - C
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Metrology Technician for an opening in El Segundo, CA.
Checks, calibrates and repairs a wide variety of precision electrical, electronic and electromechanical measuring and test equipment to assure compliance with engineering, customer and Company requirements.
1. Performs electronic and mechanical tests, following established calibration procedures, to determine the overall condition of precision electrical, electronic, and electromechanical measuring and test equipment. Ascertains correct procedure, sets up and operates standard and specialized direct reading test instruments, equipment and checking devices.
2. Calibrates, modifies, adjusts and, otherwise assures the accuracy of all precision measuring and test instruments to manufacturer's specifications. Disassembles, troubleshoots, isolates causes of malfunction and performs repairs by replacing worn, damaged or defective parts. Works from schematics, technical manuals, Company procedures, parts catalogs, manufacturer's specifications, engineering blueprints and written detailed technical instructions.
3. Performs pre-established calibration and maintenance work as scheduled for precision measuring and test equipment and completes all maintenance records pertaining to this equipment.
4. Performs other job related duties as directed by the Metrology Lab Manager such as conducting evaluation tests on new instruments, preparing calibration reports, requisitioning materials and parts needed for repair, conducting standard laboratory tests to determine the performance and reliability of the instruments after repair or calibration, and repairing and servicing miscellaneous electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical Company equipment to assure proper operation.
5. Familiar with uncertainty calculations via Met/Cal programming.
Min of five years of progressively more responsible experience in field or a related field, including familiarity, knowledge and operation under ISO-17025, ANSI/NCSL Z540.1 or ANSI/NCSL Z540.3 and Uncertainty calculations is a plus.
Accredited Associate's Degree.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Christian Martinez-Salceda at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.