- 166580 - Software Engineer - FL
- St. Petersburg
- Up to $32.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in St Petersburg, FL.
Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques to the design and development of complex systems hardware and software across multiple platforms. Directs the development of software for operating systems, compilers, networks, databases and internet tools. Troubleshoots and debugs software programs. Directs problem solving projects or major phases of projects, in the investigation and solution of advanced technical problems. Coordinates technical support staff, determines methods of approach, reviews project progress, recommends technical corrections and evaluates results. Reviews literature, patents and current practices. Assesses vendor capabilities and provides technical consultation. Skillful with object-oriented programming, new/advanced programming languages and integrated automation systems.
• Defining software architecture for current and future system platform developments;
• Maintaining and expanding database structures with software platform;
• Defining software development plans including cost, time, and work break down structure;
• Writing functional and system test plans for validation;
• Interfacing with product management for future system requirements;
• Ability to quickly identify and solve software problems;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Must be a team player with good people and leadership skills and ability to mentor;
• Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of larger teams;
• This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, other tasks will be assigned as necessary.
• A minimum of 10 years of related experience in software development for instrumentation;
• 3-5 years’ experience developing with Microsoft C# and .NET.
• Highly detailed position; must successfully pass a pre-employment background screen to include credit.
• Experience with WCF, WPF, .NET Remoting and Windows Forms;
• Experience with SQL database (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server);
• Good understanding of networks and hardware interfaces;
• Developing embedded software in a Linux environment;
• Experience with project planning (schedules, budgets, resources, risk management).
• Office environment;
• Manufacturing environment;
• Team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering;
Max Cameron at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.