- 166648 - Proposal Manager
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- 6 mo CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Proposal Manager for a temp-to-hire position in San Diego, CA
Opportunity to join the EMS Business Development and Strategic Planning group. This person will work under the guidance of the Proposal Lead.
Assist with development of proposal plan and the management of resources to ensure proposal schedule, budget, content, quality, and specification requirements are met.
•Represents the organization as the primary proposal contact.
•Manage and monitor proposal schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet RFP requirements.
•Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
•Assign and monitor work of proposal team, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
•Participates in cost and contractual input; identifies issues and recommends solutions to unusually complex technical issues.
•Develops pre-proposal and proposal related submissions, RFI – Requests for information, as well as recommending the layout of the proposal.
•Execute policies, processes, and procedures that impact the assigned proposal.
•Responsible for the development and delivery of progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and present results to management.
•Collaborate across management and proposal team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
•Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
•Identify and assess proposal issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
•Act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned proposals.
•Documents findings, communicates results to proposal or management staff and makes technical presentations as required.
•Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
•Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must have a good understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of issues; (3) strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional experience in proposal development. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
First shift. 5/40 schedule
Erin Simmons at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.