- 166683 - Accountant (Temporary) - VA - O/M
- $37 to $43.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Accountant for an opening in Ashburn, VA.
Client is a rapidly growing division specializing in the innovative design, test and manufacture of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Our staff has led or supported the development and deployment of multiple advanced technology systems for a variety of key government customers. If you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding UAVs that perform vital missions, then this client may be the company for you. We are currently recruiting an Accountant, and invite you to consider a position on our creative and highly motivated team in Ashburn, Virginia.
Candidate will work directly with the Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller to ensure the monthly closes are done accurately and timely including preparing reports for client Corporate. This position will perform a wide range of duties in direct support of the close cycle, management reporting, assisting in maintenance of the accounting system, principles, practices and procedures.
* Prepare bank reconciliations and research discrepancies and final resolution recommendations
* Assist in treasury functions to include banking administration, AR/CR management, preparation of cash forecasts and variance reporting
* Update/Maintain Fixed Assets database/schedule
* Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts to the general ledger; research discrepancies and determine appropriate courses of action for review and approval by manager
* Prepare and enter monthly journal entries
* Assist in the preparation of the balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
* Ensure all reporting is submitted according to corporate accounting schedules
* Assist manager in preparing proper consolidations of division financial statements, including treatment of inter-company accounts, preparation and documentation of all supporting schedules for recordkeeping, variance analysis, and SOX/ audit purposes
* Provide direct support for any general ledger inquiries or support data requests within position scope
* Assist with external DCAA and financial audit requirements including preparing supporting schedules, compiling documentation, responding to questions and other requests
* Assist with Incurred Cost Submission and other client Corporate Annual reporting and filing requirements
* Adhere to controls and processes and assist in the documentation, implementation and monitoring of company internal control procedures and policies
* As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes (i.e. participate in working groups)
* Preparation and support of the monthly Hyperion Actuals, and Forecast submissions
* Provide back up support to AP and AR/Project Control accountants
* Special projects, as required
* Minimum of 3 years experience in end-to-end financial Accounting, Reporting and ad hoc analysis
* Candidates should have experience with and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
* Experience with Deltek Costpoint software
* Attention to detail and strong reconciliation skills a must
* Strong written and oral communications skills
* Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
* Proficient in MS Office to include advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Knowledge of Cognos and Hyperion preferred
* Experience with Deltek Costpoint migrations or conversions
* CPA or Master's degree is desired
* Public Company experience desired
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this labor category. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or equivalent work experience
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Patricia Padilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x227 or (800) 927-9318 x227
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.