- 166757 - Maintenance/General Mechanic - MA
- Up to $15.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Maintenance/ General Mechanic for an opening in Ayer, MA.
Position Summary: Assist the Facility Department in ensuring all building facilities, grounds are properly cleaned, maintained and serviced, including cleaning bathrooms, painting, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
Properly maintain of working of machinery for production and assist in heavy loading of material. Uses wide variety of tools; (Trades Specific) maintains records of work performed, parts used and time spent. Works with limited supervision, and take direct orders from skilled maintenance and production staff.
1. Be on-call for weather/ building troubleshooting. ( Snow/ Production related).Be able to repair a variety of small equipment with limited guidance. Be able to identify and call for help when is needed in order to keep proper building and equipment maintained.
2. Perform walk-through inspections of facility to locate and fix items in need of repair.
3. Perform snow removal ( walks, use of snow blower) as required.
4. Perform cleaning functions (bathrooms, showers, toilets, waist receptacles.)
5. Perform minor repairs to walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, etc. Change light bulbs, diffusers, lenses, etc. Change or clean air handling unit filters.
6. Perform preventive maintenance tasks to equipment. (Supervised).
7. Make recommendations to the Facilities Supervisor of occurring issues, in proper time.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Report to Facilities Supervisor
Experience - Minimum 1-2 years with hands-on experience in any variety of maintenance and or troubleshooting.
Skills - Good mechanical aptitude and good understanding of mechanical systems techniques. Ability to read, write and understand English, Basic Math.
Supervisory Responsibilities - No
Typical Physical Demands - Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing ladders and Ariel platforms. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard construction and maintenance tools and machines. Required normal range of hearing and vision.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift, Full-Time
Brent Sizemore at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.