- 168264 - Assembler A (10) - CA
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking10 Assembler A's for openings in Sylmar, CA.
Performs simple production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Performs a variety of technical manufacturing production assembly operations where accurate visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to fabricate production solar cell assemblies and solar panels for space applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hand soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
- Complete administrative functions relating to accurate documentation
- Operates tools and equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification and associated tools
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Demonstrated experience using a computer to look up and record information (Excel)
- This position requires the ability to work first or second shift
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and work instructions
- Familiar with soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
- Reliable, mechanically inclined, detail orientated
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and displays a positive attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Polymeric Application (NASA-STD-8739.1A)
- Soldering (NASA-STD-8739.3)
- Crimp & Wire Routing (NASA-STD-8739.4)
- Experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience in manufacturing assembly related work
- Trade skills training or manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- Familiarity with solar cell and solar panel manufacturing processes
- Experience reading detailed assembly drawings and understanding the basics of geometrical dimensioning and tolerance (GDT)
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg. ISO9001 and AS9100 concepts and practices.
High school diploma or GED, technical school.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Work overtime as required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Must wear a smock, hair cover, and gloves during work
- Excellent manual dexterity to manipulate and move parts and hand tools needed for performing the job
- Requires accurate visual acuity
Christian Martinez-Salceda at email@example.com
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.