- 168676 - Financial Analyst - VA
- $23 to $28.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Financial Analyst for an opening in Norfolk, VA.
- Establish Provisional Indirect rates by working closely with Controller and Operations by updating the indirect rate cost model.
- Tracks financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correction data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Support the monthly closing each month by updating and tracking EAC's
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Support all Corporate reporting requests (HFM, CBR's, IPR's, Annual Plans, etc....)
- Assist with other projects as needed by the Controller of VP of Finance.
- Mentor lower level Analysts as opportunities arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Financial Reporting or Accounting
- Working knowledge of general ledger, income statement and balance sheet analysis, reconciliations, cash receipts, petty cash, GAAP and financial reporting.
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word expertise required.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with other employees, management and all internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Specialized Qualifications - Cost Point experience and Government contact accounting experience.
Rochelle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.