- 170452 - Service Technician - SC
- SC-South Carolina
- Up to $15 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Service Technician for an opening in Charleston, SC.
With minimum supervision, responsible to maintain and repair the electronic control section of computer numerical control (CNC and NC) machinery and other electronic equipment.
• Work within all established safety guidelines, ensuring that safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Provide world class customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Cleaning fan coil units
• Cleaning air handling units
• Tearing out old filter systems
• Changing filters
• Membrane change-outs as applicable
• Reverse osmosis cleanings as applicable
• Building filter banks
• Coating plenums with sealant
• Replenishing carbon cells
• Cleaning air ducts
• Cleaning paint booths
• Maintain vehicle service schedule as needed ensuring vehicles are clean and organized at all times
• Identify sources of defects and apply filtration solutions
• Protect and grow the value of our business at assigned accounts
• Develop additional business with current customers as well as new accounts
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Five years experience in CNC electronic maintenance or demonstrated ability to perform the described responsibilities. Thorough knowledge of the electrical, electronic, and microprocessor systems of computer numerically controlled machines. Proficiency in working from electronic blueprints and schematics, engineering drawings and sketches and in the use of precision test and measurement equipment. Possess complete electronic maintenance hand tools. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills utilizing the English language
• Ability to read and understand specific job requirements (specs)
• Good attention to detail with solid follow-up skills
• Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Outlook
• Familiarity with the company’s business system
• Professional appearance and behavior
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• Meets appropriate deadlines
• Accurate and results oriented.
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service
• Effective time management skills
• High mechanical aptitude with the ability to quickly grasp technical information.
• Solid individual contributor who functions equally well as a member of a Team
Previous experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
Warehouse or distribution experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Melody Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.