- 173759 - CNI Software Engineer (2) - TX
- $50 to $100.00 DOE
- 11 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a CNI Software Engineer (2) for an opening in Arlington, TX.
This is a hands on software engineering position. The successful candidate will perform as a Communication, Navigation, and Interrogation (CNI) Software Engineer serving as the technical expert responsible for deriving software requirements, software design, implementing and/or directing the implementation, integration, and test of real-time CNI solutions for aircraft simulations.
• Design, develop, implement, integrate, and test simulated or stimulated solutions which represent real-world CNI subsystems that meet training requirements
• Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, cost effective and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
• Establish reusable CNI software baselines and provide input to product roadmaps
• Perform system-level integration and troubleshooting
• Provide weekly earned value, schedule, and technical status reports to leadership
• Develop Basis of Estimates for implementing new CNI training requirements
• Knowledgeable with Linux Operating Systems, prefer 2 plus years of Linux experience
• Management of a software baselines, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Previous simulation or Avionics experience required, training system simulation experience preferred
• Knowledgeable with MIL-STD 1553 or ARINC-429 interfaces
• Simulation or stimulation experience with any CNI subsystems such as: ARC-201, ARC-210, ARC-231, HSD-440, VDL-4000 VHF Data Link, IDM-304, TTR-921 TCAS, AN/ARN-153 TACAN, AN/ARN-147 VOR/ILS/MB Multi-Mode Receiver, AN/ARN-149 Low Frequency ADF Receiver, AN/APG-209(G) Radar Altimeter, AHC-3000A, H764G EGI, AN/APX-118(V) IFF Transponder
• Prefer 5 plus years of Real-Time development experience
• Prefer 5 plus years C/C++ professional experience
• Basic knowledge of FORTRAN is a plus
• Object Oriented Design and Programming experience is a plus
• Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
• Experience working in a team environment
• Good communications skills
• ClearCase, ClearQuest experience a plus
Accredited Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline
Max Cameron at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.