- 173778 - Applications Development Engineering Intern - OR
- Up to $27.20 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Applications Development Engineering Intern for an opening in Hillsboro, OR.
• Perform high quality FIB/SEM and TEM product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for FEI partners and customers, particularly those in the Semiconductor marketplace.
• Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
• Providing technical product expertise assistance with all phases of the sales cycle.
• Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
• Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
• Process development and other technical deliverables for the development of new products.
• Deliver Best Practice Document customization to customer-specific processes, write production recipes and run qualification experiments to drive the use of FEI’s tools in production.
• Troubleshoot and report software and hardware issues and escalate as necessary.
• Provide feedback to engineering on system performance, features and problems.
• Recommend and advise on direction for potential applications consistent with customer requirements and technical feasibility.
• Provide technical support to SSD, R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Service and other departments as required.
• Typically requires a University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics, an advanced degree is preferred.
• High level understanding of semiconductor device processing, statistical process control, device physics and failure analysis techniques.
• Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
• Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
• Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams
• Frequent traveling and ability to travel both domestically internationally, possession of a valid passport.
• Experience with process development and manufacturing process technology in target markets and applications (i.e., Semiconductor, MEMS, Data Storage).
• Experience with operation of capital equipment or related tools used for Yield Enhancement, Defect or Root Cause Analysis, Metrology and related applications.
Accredited University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics, an advanced degree is preferred.
Rochelle Anderson at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.