- 174028 - Packer/Shipper (2) - MI
- Grand Rapids
- $16 to $20.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Packer/Shipper (2) for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
Receives, unloads, and unpacks shipments of components, supplies, tools, etc. Checks packing slips and orders to verify proper count, weight and identification, Packs all units and manufactured products for shipment. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Using such equipment as heat sealer, hand stencil, banding machine, two wheel hand-dolly trucks, etc., packages and labels all commercial and government units according to established procedures.
• Restocks shipping room, maintaining such items as inner containers and spacers.
• Loads and unloads trucks and company van as required
• Inspects all units before shipment to ensure packing slips, air bills and labels match.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly work area, including hallway, aisleways, Butler Building and all Shipping/Receiving areas
• May be required to expedite parts to Receiving Inspection area.
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established Client Ethics Standards
• Responsible for maintaining reasonable and acceptable attendance
• Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
• Sufficient English language skills to be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and complete required production paperwork.
• Ability to communicate effectively and convey ideas/information one-on-one and in small group settings.
• Sufficient organizational skills to maintain proper work flow.
• High School Diploma/GED plus one to three months related experience and/or training; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience/training
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, Day Shift
Kristie Hardage at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.