- 174246 - Mechanical Engineer Staff (2) - CO - C
- Up to $80.00 DOE
- 15 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Mechanical Engineer Staff for an opening in Littleton/Waterton, CO.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado and supports the Air Force Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW) Program. This Mechanical Engineer Staff Position supports the Weapon System Booster Integration Team and Manager by performing requirements tasks such as creation of the WS Specification, Requirements analysis, allocation and decomposition, generation of specification trees, Level 1 and Level 2 requirements specification generation, verification planning and support to the program major reviews and associated deliverables. Specific area of focus for this position is development, qualification, and deployment of the Booster Propulsion System.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experiance/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's Degree. - Considered an Emerging Authority in Propulsion Engineering - Knowledge of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering Principals - Knowledge of Requirements development and management - Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal customers - Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills - Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools - Experience with Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering associated with missile systems
- Conceptual design and refinement for flight vehicle design - Coordination of requirements and interface implementation with suppliers and internal customers. - Mangement of supplier design and analysis review - review 3D-CAD model compatibility with the booster and associated technical data, review of external analyses such as trajectory performance, stuctural analyses, dynamic analyses, thermal analyses, etc. in compliance with requirements and interfaces. - Interface Definition for Solid Boost Motor to Structures, Ordnance, Controls and Avionics Subsystems - Updates to flight vehicle design based on results of above analyses. Input to preliminary design report and resolution of technical issues - Attendance at and technical assessment of supplier conceptual design reviews, preliminary design reviews, and technical interchange meetings. - Technical review of monthly subcontractor status reports.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experiance/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's Degree.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Melody Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.