- 174431 - Accounting Assistant II - WA
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Accounting Assistant 2 for an opening in Bingen, WA.
Performs directed general accounting and timekeeping support tasks. Enters accounting data into computer systems and generates reports. Verifies accuracy of approved low dollar invoices and other accounting documents. Reconciles straightforward records with internal company employees, management and external vendors or customers. Recognizes and reports missing or questionable data. Assists in providing audit support.
Performs a variety of general administrative/office activities:
- Responds to requests, keeps up inventory of supplies.
- Prints/disseminates correspondence out of the AP inbox.
- Help match invoices to printed checks, stuffing envelopes, sealing, and putting on stamps. Open mail and distribute.
- Receive, review and obtain verification for invoices and requisitions.
- Sort documents, enter data and process invoices for payment.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Reconciles straightforward records with internal company employees, management and external vendors or customers.
- Help with the weekly check run including preparation and tracking.
- Maintain listing of accounts payable, update vendor information
- Perform other general duties associated with accounts payable.
- Performs directed general accounting and timekeeping support tasks
- Recognizes and reports missing or questionable data
- Assists in providing audit support
Knowledge: Full knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
Problem Solving: General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
Discretion: Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
Contact: Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- High School and 2 years of related experience
- Accredited BA/BS preferred
- Professional office setting, Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook), computer literacy
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 9-80 WORK WEEK
Silmese Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.