- 174438 - Product Specialist I (3) - MI
- Grand Rapids
- $18 to $20.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Specialist I (3) for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
Assembles electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems by performing any or all of the following duties, depending on assignment. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings, process instruction sheets, and sample assemblies or receives verbal instructions regarding assembly.
• Performs basic assembly or rework functions that include but are not limited to attaching mechanical and electrical components; wiring harnesses, soldering connections, and intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color coding parts and assemblies. May involve use of manual and semiautomatic assembly machines, tools and measuring devices.
• Disassembles product to any level and effectively performs rework/repair activity to achieve acceptable function, configuration, or airworthiness condition
• Perform material control functions, including picking components off stockroom shelf into work order kits, picking material into KanBan kits, applying material control identification, inventory counting and control, inventory requisition transactions using ERP system
• Perform serialization and product ID labeling,
• Perform operation of semi-automatic component insertion circuit card assembly machine, including download of software control files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of the station
• Perform hand soldering of through hole components to the specifications standards of IPC-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities
• Perform hand soldering of surface mount components to the specification standards of ICP-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities as required by assigned department
• Perform dimensional and visual acceptance inspection of all assigned products, including mechanical, electronic, subassembly and final assembly levels to IPC-A-610B and L-3’s ISO SOP and WI standards documents, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities
• Perform activities associated with masking, application of spray coatings, and demasking of electronic circuit card assemblies, requiring the proper use of respirator gear and spray equipment
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
This Product Specialist I position is a ladder to level II, and therefore requires entry skills capable of progressing into the level II position.
• Basic computer application and file structure navigation skills.
• Three to six months related experience/training in an assembly and or technician role.
• Certify and retain all appropriate skills training certifications for related product acceptance stamp and/or job duties per SOPs 1811Q and 1211Q and as required by the Director of Quality.
• Responsible for maintaining reasonable and acceptable attendance
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with Client Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
• Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc
• Participate and suggest improvements in support of the company wide goal of continuous improvement and manufacturing methods utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and initiatives. Operational objectives are reduced mfg cycle times, 1st pass yield, continuous flow, and on-time delivery to our customers.
• Sufficient English skills to be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must have the manual dexterity, eyesight, and concentration necessary to perform job tasks such as use of small hand tools such as tweezers.
• Ability to differentiate between wire insulation colors and wire sizes.
• Ability to follow directions, verbal and written and retain information. Ability to read, interpret, and follow posted work order sequence instructions and visual signal methods in work cell, and accept responsibility for schedule completion.
• Willingness and ability to learn how to perform surface mount soldering.
• Ability to perform routine and repetitive tasks, work independently or as part of a team, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to complete accurate data entries and complete required production paperwork.
• Ability to communicate effectively and convey ideas/information one-on-one and in small group settings.
• Ability to work well as a team member as well as an individual.
• Able to lift, move and work with products up to 45 lbs.
Works in an air-conditioned manufacturing environment. May work in a Clean Room requiring gowns, hoods, etc. May operate machinery in an Environmental Test Room requiring use of ear protection. May work in a Paint Room environment requiring certification in the use of respirator gear and applying coatings in an explosion proof environment. May work on products with live exposed electrical circuits with high current capacity (emergency battery products). May work in close proximity to computer controlled machines that move or rotate under software program control (CS400, Antenna Coil Winder, Transformer Winder). If assigned to work in or support the Repair Station, will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, Day Shift
Juan Saldarriaga at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.