- 174643 - Product Engineering Specialist
- $90000 to $100000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Engineering Specialist for an opening in Muskegon, MI.
The Product Engineering Specialist will report to the Product Engineering Manager responsible for the design and development of components and sub-systems for products.
Job duties include designing and developing components and sub-systems for diesel engines, transmissions, and other mechanical systems primarily for military ground vehicles. The Product Engineer will need to translate customer requirements into a product engineering specification and then do the engineering design calculations and design review activities to complete the product design. Also, coordination of drawing creation, hardware procurement, test plan creation, product testing, and failure analysis will be done. Support will be needed to resolve customer, supplier, and operations issues and to write Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) as needed.
• Experience designing and developing components related to engine / powertrain systems, engine / powertrain systems, and sub-systems.
• Ability to perform mechanical stress and structural engineering calculations.
• Ability to perform thermal fluids and heat transfer calculations.
• Must have a working knowledge of GD&T.
• Ability to manage and organize multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
• Good written and verbal communications.
• Must be willing to travel (domestic and foreign) up to 10%.
• Must be able to move freely within the manufacturing and lab environment with reasonable accommodation.
• MS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering (preferred).
• Creo / Pro-E experience (preferred).
• Transmission and transmission sub-system design and development experience (preferred)
• Engine and engine sub-system design and development experience (preferred).
• Experience designing and developing components for a military or aerospace contractor (preferred).
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required with 10 to 14 years of relevant experience or 7 to 11 years of relevant experience with a MS.
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.