- 174715 - Processor (OCS) - AZ
- Up to $14.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Processor (OCS) for an opening in Tempe, AZ.
The Processor's primary function is to perform one or a combination of production operations utilizing various manual and automated equipment to assemble, test, inspect, and process micro channel plates, photo-cathodes, phosphor screens, tube components (bodies and flanged tube assemblies), bare modules, potted modules, and power supplies.
Candidate will be responsible for performing some routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
The Processor will adhere to procedures and work instructions to perform a variety of processes on substrates or components to achieve quality and yield goals set by their department.
• Metallization and/or coating of glass substrates using various deposition equipment to achieve proper electro-optical surface conditions
• Surface preparation of pre and post metalized or coated substrates using cleaning agents, solvents and acids to prepare substrates for post-processing
• Manipulation of raw material (e.g., glass) for use in different formatting subassemblies (e.g., glass fibers, clear and fiber optic substrates, wafers, and fused fiber optics)
• Cutting, grinding, and surface prep of raw materials into subassembly formats for post processing
• Operate test or processing equipment; including saws, polishers, chemical etch, vacuum equipment, electrical testing, etc. in order to alter the component or piece part
• Assemble various subassemblies such as: micro channel plates, photo-cathodes, phosphor screens, tube bodies and flanged tube assemblies
• Inspect pre and post metalized or coated glass substrates in order to comply with internal and external acceptance criteria
• Operating manual and automated inspection systems
• Must be able to consistently report to work and be on time for scheduled shift
• Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must have an innate desire to learn and continually improve.
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Ability to use a microscope
• Must be able to clearly read and write in English
• Must be able to multitask
• Must be able to work alone or with others
• Related manufacturing work experience (soldering, high volume production, inspections, ESD prevention, machine operations, training)
• Knowledge of all safety (mechanical, chemical, electrical) procedures applicable to job
• Ability to use chemicals (acids, bases, and solvents)
• Ability to use inspection equipment
• Manual Dexterity
• Hand-eye coordination
• Good (correctable) eye-sight (or ability to discern visually)
• Bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching (or position oneself)
• Working in a fixed position (able to sit or stand for extended periods of time)
• Repetitive movement/motion
• Pinch-grip motion
• Moving over 10 lbs.
• Intense concentration or attention
• Working with computers
• Sensory attention: seeing (or otherwise)
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Friday Ending, 2nd (M-Th, EOF, FWO, 2:30pm - 12:00am)
Johnnie Barrientos at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.