- 174840 - Buyer I - CA
- CA-Bay Area
- Menlo Park
- $28 to $32.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer I for an opening in Menlo Park, CA.
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, and equipment in a DOD environment - requiring knowledge and understanding of the FAR/DFARs. Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned levels. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle. Evaluates vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Aids engineering when required in the development of new specifications for contract orders. Responsible for administering small business plans and acting as SBLO liaison for the division submitting the necessary reporting information to the government.
1. Reviews requisitions, purchase orders, and vouchers for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
2. Obtains oral and/or written quotations from vendors. Documents competitive bidding.
3. Expedites purchase orders. Notifies departments of the expected delivery date and follows up on back orders.
4. Maintains accurate vendor/department files.
5. Utilizes different vendor sources to fill orders as directed.
6. Searches out alternate vendors or supplies to be prepared in case of material shortages and stock outages.
7. Meets with vendors seeking to establish relationships with the firm. Reviews materials presented and forwards the information to the appropriate purchasing agent along with recommendation as whether the vendor deserves further consideration.
8. Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
Comfortable with computer word processing, order and inventory forms, and spreadsheets.
Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the purchasing department team.
Well organized and able to carry out assignments with moderate supervision.
Knowledge of BaaN MRP a plus.
Accredited Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of one to ten years of related experience.
Rochelle Anderson at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.