- 175040 - Inventory Control Coordinator - NY
- NY-New York
- Up to $17.85 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Inventory Control Coordinator for an opening in Bohemia, NY.
Researches, tracks and executes the release and shipping of products utilizing various proprietary computer systems including an Inventory Management System, Receiving System, Daily Production Scheduler and national distributors databases (i.e. Fed Ex, UPS, DHL)
• Manages and verifies the receipt of in house manufactured goods and processes requests based on established standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Tracks and receives materials from external vendors and clients utilizing proprietary inventory management system.
• Receives and issues finished materials to the In Process Inspection Department for final inspection.
• Utilizes First In/First Out methodology (FIFO) to issue materials for distribution to all internal departments
• Ability to prioritize and adjust to meet the daily inventory management tasks by monitoring production schedule and shifting priorities
• Ability to effectively communicate work status and changes to schedule needs and escalates issues appropriately to leadership
• Ability to proactively manage workload and adjust based on daily priorities to ensure timelines are met and the most cost effective and efficient processes are implemented
• Enters product and shipment data accurately and customizes shipping per customer specific requirements.
• Packs labels into boxes in such a manner as to avoid any damage in transit.
• Destroys expired label inventory per established procedures and timelines.
• Works hand-in-hand with cross-functional department managers and supervisors to meet company goals and objectives.
• Multitasks under tight timelines with minimal errors.
• Accounts for all inventory and ensures proper identification of products at all times including the prompt return of all labels to inventory and the verification of label IDs.
• Assists in developing and maintaining procedures for areas of responsibility and proactively recommends process improvements.
• Maintains and proactively orders shipping supplies (Boxes, Cartons, Tapes, Bubble Wrap, skids etc.) to ensure adequate supply levels at all times
• Requires ability to do some light to moderate lifting of boxes and storage material averaging 20lbs.
• Must be able to safely operate all tools and equipment, fork lift trucks, hand trucks, and use of electronic scales.
• Maintains all work areas in an orderly fashion.
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner. Must wear safety shoes at all times.
• Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
• Ability to do some light to moderate lifting of boxes and storage material averaging 20 lbs.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Knowledge of customer requirements / profiles
• Must be available for overtime including weekends
· Prior experience with First In/First Out Methodology (FIFO)
· Prior experience with Inventory Management Systems
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Tyler Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x342 or (800) 927-9318 x342
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.