- 175626 - Supplier Quality Engineer- NY
- NY-New York
- $35 to $40.00 DOE
- 6-9 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer for an opening in Lancaster, NY
An SQE must have knowledge of a company's manufacturing process, applications and process development in order to actively work with suppliers in improving quality components of goods and services. Quality audits may be necessary to be performed on suppliers to assure products and services meet International Organization for Standards (ISO) and regulatory standards. An SQE must form a good relationship with the purchasing engineer and the supplier system in order to maintain a strong support system and supplier relationships for the organization in which they work. SQEs must be critical thinkers and active listeners with good time management skills in order to work with suppliers and project management teams to define deliverables--goods and services ready for consumer delivery. Establish a structured approach to identify and improve quality assurance gaps. Drive continuous improvement activities at Suppliers to include product quality, and delivery performance through use of standard metrics and tools, using Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and SPC methodology.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) participates in identification and selection of potential suppliers, assessment of supplier's Quality Management System, to determine their ability to successfully perform. The SQE focuses on supplier development in a manufacturing or service process. A supplier quality engineer works with suppliers to
" continuously improve performance,
" improve communication, between client and suppliers,
" communicate educate suppliers on client processes and procedures, as well as product key characteristics,
" determine problem resolution activities. DMAIC and 8 Discipline
" Understand supplier process sequence, Process Block Diagrams,
" Determine/identify potential risk, PFMEA
" implement process controls and develop quality assurance plans to mitigate risk. Create Control Plans
Provide technical guidance to suppliers in order to ensure product and process compliance to client drawings and specifications. Work closely with client stakeholders such as Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering as well as with external stakeholders to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements. Establish and drive Supplier qualification, monitoring and surveillance strategy based on buy frequency and volume, defect history, single/sole source suppliers Vs commodity, and Kanban programs and ensure strategy is directly aligned with business priorities and needs.
Establish and drive key Supplier Quality initiatives across the supply base to include Supplier Performance Dashboards.
Participate in the Client Supplier Quality Working Group meetings and activities.
Support sourcing quality initiatives as defined by Client and Quality management.
Support productivity initiatives including cost savings projects, etc.
Participate in completion of Supplier Maturity Matrix, conducted by a cross functional, which includes as a minimum Purchasing representative, other participants may be product engineering, manufacturing engineering, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Monitors and maintains the monthly Supplier Development A3 dashboard,
2. Monitors and maintains supplier Quality performance data.
3. Manages and maintains the Approved Suppliers List (ASL),
4. Coordinates with accounting to assure the ERP ASL system has the same information.
5. Maintains Supplier approval records, Supplier Evaluation forms, Supplier maintenance forms, etc. located in M:\5_RECORDS\SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT\SUPPLIER QUALITY FILE ARCHIVE .
6. Investigate systemic supplier performance deficiencies On Time Delivery (OTD) and Supplier Nonconformance Reports (SNCR) to determine failure mechanism and implements corrective action to drive performance improvements.
7. Interpret drawing requirements and prepares receiving inspection instruction sheets insuring a minimum of functional problems at assembly and in service.
8. Conduct Quality Assurance activities pertaining to internal and external customer requirements.
9. Work with suppliers to evaluate and correct problems.
10. Perform external Quality Assurance audits.
11. Analyze internal and external quality problems.
12. Supervise, train and assign work to Quality Assurance personnel as required.
13. Responsible for the supervision and maintenance of quality records and procedures within department.
14. Evaluate discrepant product for proper disposition and corrective action requirements.
15. Establish and monitor testing and acceptance criteria for purchased and manufactured product.
16. Support/establish Quality Assurance requirements for New Product Development programs.
(Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
B. S. Mechanical Engineering related technical discipline or equivalent
3+ years of Engineering experience
Knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Mechanisms
Preferred: Demonstrated problem solving on various mechanical mechanisms
1st Shift, 5/40
Emmanuel Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.