- 175899 - Computer Systems Software Engineer Sr I - TX - C
- $35 to $65.00 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Computer Systems Software Engineer Sr I (3) for an opening in Arlington, TX.
This is a hands on technical software engineering position. The successful candidate will support integration and configuration of computational system architecture and system software for simulation applications.
• Create and modify existing simulation models using established development techniques: code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
• Support design of computer architecture, simulator networks, and software interfaces without direct guidance
• Responsible for operating systems installation and configuration
• Will troubleshoot issues with computational equipment configuration and interfaces without direct guidance
• Will configure and troubleshoot networks of deliverable equipment without direct guidance
• Support software additions and testing of HLA/DIS interface for instructor operator stations
• 3-7 years C++, C
• 2-5 years of Linux environment usage and/or software development
• 2-5 years of environment usage and/or software development
• 2-5 years of Object Oriented Programming
• Thorough understanding of computer networking concepts
• Thorough understanding of operating system concepts – multi-threading, events, semaphores, memory management, and system configuration
• Knowledge of Linux operating systems installation and configuration, IP address management, and general system-level configuration.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems installation and configuration, IP address management, and general system-level configuration
• Management of a software baseline, including branching, merging, building, maintaining, and installing software
• Creation and maintenance of coldstart procedures that are used to install and configure the OS on various Linux and Windows machines
• Virtual environment experience with VMware, software, and appliances a plus
• Experience with Diskless Cloud infrastructure, with SAN and NAS systems
• Candidate should be a fast learner with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
• Experience working in a team environment
• Good communications skills
• Microsoft Visual Studio, gcc experience a plus
• HLA/DIS experience a plus
• FORTRAN knowledge a plus
Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, computer Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
9/80, 8AM - 5 PM
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Zachary Fasano at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.