- 175945 - Staff Mechanical Engineer - CA
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $72.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Staff Mechanical Engineer for an opening in Sunnyvale, CA.
• Define, design, test, develop, and validate new products. • Maintain and/or improve existing products to achieve better quality and/or cost reductions. • Apply advanced knowledge of business practices, methodologies, and/or principles in the execution of short-term (1-2 years) functional deliverables. • Lead processes, projects, or initiatives that are critical to the success of the Mechanical Engineering function. • Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise. • Influence those with both shared and divergent interests and influence short-term (1-2 years) operational and/or tactical planning. • Coordinate with Project Manager to develop and execute a detailed schedule • Coordinate with vendors to optimize Design for Manufacturability (DFM) • Plan and develop experimental test programs. • Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for mew and modified products. • Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences, including Project Management, Product Management, R&D Chemists, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain. • Mentor less experienced engineers. • Use 3D CAD (CREO) to perform mechanical design, modeling, and detailing • Direct activities of one or more support engineers/designers to achieve project goals. • Write and release Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for engineering drawings and Bills of Material (BOMs) • Assist in the transfer of products to Manufacturing, including documentation, training, and test fixtures. • Identify patent opportunities; write invention disclosures, and present new innovations at internal forums.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to understand system interfaces and be able to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root cause. • Strong knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system. • Experience performing ECOs and creating/updating BOMs; SAP and Oracle is a plus. • High proficiency using 3D CAD software; CREO/Windchill is a plus. • Proficiency with Finite Element Analysis (FEA); CREO Simulate is a plus. • Good knowledge of ANSI drafting standards and GD&T • Excellent communication skills; must be able to clearly communicate technical content to peers and management, support conclusions and recommendations with calculations, test data, industry literature, etc. • Demonstrated success in managing projects • Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint • Excellent organizational and time management skills • Experience developing under ISO 9001 quality management systems
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent, with 6+ years related work experience. • Experience designing fluidic devices (e.g. pumps, transducers, tubing, fittings) in the medical device or scientific instrument industry. • Experience designing electro-mechanical devices. • Strong knowledge of applied materials science. • Strong knowledge of manufacturing thermoplastic components, (machined and injection molded), including PEEK, PTFE, UHMW, and others. • Strong knowledge of manufacturing sheet metal. • Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD); FloEFD is a plus • Proficiency using common machine shop power tools (e.g. mill, lathe, drill-press).
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent, with 8+ years related work experience
Tyler Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x342 or (800) 927-9318 x342
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.