- 176381 - Quality Assurance Engineer (ME) - MA
- $34.72 to $42.27 DOE
- Temp to Direct
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer (ME) for an opening in Ayer, MA.
The Quality Assurance Engineer (ME) will be responsible for establishing and sustaining the processes and procedures to ensure that mechanical material and products conform to defined requirements. Position requirements include early stage engagement with new product introduction teams to develop performance requirements, product qualification/validation strategies, and executable inspection and test programs to assure long term mechanical product quality. Areas of data tracking and auditing include in-process production and supplier incoming quality. The Quality Engineer will also drive continuous process improvement initiatives by applying the key principles of Lean Six Sigma and play a key role in support of the Quality Management System.
This position may also be responsible to collaborate with the ISO Management Representative and provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership across the organization to ensure alignment and compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS), ISO standard, and customer contract
• Lead the design, development, and implementation of quality systems to measure and report metrics including internal yields, Supplier quality, scrap, cost of quality, and warranty failure.
• Supervise Quality Control Inspectors to ensure compliance to standards, setting work flow priorities, and problem resolution.
• Facilitate and maintain internal and external corrective action program and lead the closure of open actions.
• Use quality engineering tools including SPC, 6s, AQL, and CPk to improve process reliability.
• Drive continuous improvement projects to increase productivity, eliminate scrap and reduce rework operations.
• Oversee assembly documentation and test procedures to achieve high pass rates for quality.
• Ensure all processes, fixtures, and equipment used in manufacturing have adequate documentation including, but not limited to test plans, functional specifications, system documentation, user guides (operation, calibration, and maintenance), component assembly drawings, BOMS and purchase specifications.
• Collaborate with design and development engineers to ensure all product and system requirements are defined and documented for a controlled process implementation in production.
• Provide Quality support in Incoming Inspection, PCB Test, and MRB to support achieving world-class quality.
• Coordinate and train employees as needed in quality and statistical process control programs, including tools such as FMEA, Six Sigma, DFM, SPC, and Lean Manufacturing.
• Prepares product quality reports and metrics tracking charts by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Establish and maintain good rapport with customers, government source inspectors, and outside auditors and lead closure of action items for areas of concern by these representatives.
• Support day-to-day Operations through sustaining quality assurance requirements, awareness, and effective problem solving.
• Perform contract review as necessary to identify quality requirements.
• Manage calibration program.
• Maintains ISO 9000 and other regulatory compliance for materials, products, and facilities audits.
• Experience in electromechanical production environments solving conformance related issues
• Experience maintaining ISO compliance
• Strong statistical and analytical experience with application to quality improvement
• Experience in Lean manufacturing techniques
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience is a plus
• Functional experience using MRP software
• Strong knowledge and prior experience working with Federal Department of Defense (DOD)/US Navy/Military (MIL), etc., and government contracting requirements.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project®.
• Strong understanding of Government contracting requirements, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills.
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
• Must be available to travel.
Accredited BS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of five years of quality assurance engineering experience.
9/80, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Richard Barrett at email@example.com
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.