- 176487 - Accounts Payable Clerk - CA
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- Up to $21.00 DOE
- 1 year
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides clerical and accounting support necessary to pay the obligations of the Company. The Accounts Payable Lead exercises general direction of the position. The incumbent should be familiar with clerical practices, office procedures, general accounting procedures and automated equipment. The ability to perform computations with reasonable speed and accuracy is also essential. Complies with all Health/Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
Matching and batching invoices (3 way match) with corresponding packing slips and purchase orders. Up to 100 line items per PO.
Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
Enter invoices into accounting system and process credit adjustments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Date stamps, sorts and distributes mail to the appropriate A/P personnel. Files invoices, purchase orders and packing slips received.
2. Assembles invoices with corresponding packing slip and purchase order for processing. Distributes copies of invoices requiring approval to responsible person for approval. Matches approval with appropriate invoice and purchase order and includes in batch for processing.
3. Processes matched packages by verifying received, ordered and invoiced material are the same. Verifies that invoice line item totals equal quantity received items unit price on purchase order. If discrepancies occur, follows specified procedure regarding tolerances. If invoice also requires approval, assures that proper approval is attached to invoice. Highlights data on invoice required for data entry. Assigns General Ledger Account Number (including department number) and Cost Element using job number and/or item description as a guideline. Assigns proper vendor identification if invoice has no purchase order associated with it. Verifies that invoice received is from same vendor as appears on purchase order. Assumes responsibility for processing invoices in timely manner so potential discounts can be earned and invoice is paid within terms stated on purchase order or invoice. This includes follow-up with other departments as required to assure proper documentation is received.
4. Enters vouchers into computer system assuring quantities and values are correctly entered and that vouchers are assigned to the proper vendor and against the corresponding purchase order.
5. After Accounts Payable Lead prints checks, prepares check packages by matching appropriate invoice voucher packages with check copy and assembles checks for signature. When checks are signed, distributes checks to vendors and files remainder of package in proper sequence in A/P paid files.
6. Assumes responsibility for reconciling vendor statements and resolving any past due amounts shown. Maintains communication with vendors, written and verbal.
7. Communicate effectively with Purchasing and Receiving personnel to resolve problems.
8. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Must have 3-5 years accounts payable and general accounting experience.
Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures.
Experience with processing project or job related invoices.
Experience with job-costing systems
Ten key by touch.
Prior data entry experience.
Working knowledge of General Ledger Chart of Accounts, Job Numbers and Cost elements.
Ability to file according to specification.
Ability to operate FAX machine, typewriter and other equipment as necessary.
Electronic spreadsheet experience very helpful.
Verbal and written communications skills.
Proficient in Excel and Word, Government Accounting experience a plus.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Rochelle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.