- 176980 - Equipment Services Technician - CA
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $31.06 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Equipment Services Technician for an opening in Pleasanton, CA.
• Performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of manufacturing and testing Instrumentation.
• Carries out routine repairs on a daily basis.
• Provides technical support to internal customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
• Works independently and prioritizes work schedule of service calls a majority of the time, may require direction from Lead or Supervisor sporadically.
• Maintains own tool inventory to ensure adequate supply to perform duties.
• Works with team and administrator to assure there is adequate supply of spare parts in stockroom (Specifies and requests purchase of components).
• Performs all administrative duties including documenting maintenance and repair calls in SAP as well as completing required documentation and reports.
• Proficient and compliant with ISO standards and practices.
• Experience: 1-2 years repair experience (Field Service or In-House Service)
• Experience with the following is highly desirable:
o Robotic instrumentation (especially HPLC, Hamilton, Bravo, and Biomek FX)
o Liquid handling instruments
o Pneumatic instruments
o Mass Spectrometry
o Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001 and or 13485 Standards
• Experience with general handheld tools plus multi-meters and other electronic test equipment.
• Experience with manual pipetting.
• Broad knowledge of state of the art optical imaging, precision motion control, microfluidics, automation systems, and signal processing technologies.
• Experience with FDA regulated system development/design control is a plus.
• Working knowledge of molecular biology, chemistry, and/or biology preferred.
• Advanced technical writing and verbal skills to produce reports, documents, and communicate with customers.
• Must be able to work effectively alone under minimal supervision and complete assigned work targets in a timely manner.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing work tasks and priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific/technical results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate and solve problems.
• Occasionally required to lift up to 45 lbs.
• Must be flexible to work swing shift, weekends and overtime as needed.
Accredited AS in Electronics/mechanical/electro-mechanical, BS in Engineering preferred
Tyler Harrell at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x342 or (800) 927-9318 x342
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.