- 177016 - Design Engineer 3 - OK - O/M
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Design Engineer 3 for an opening in Tulsa, OK.
Our engineering team consists of a unique blend or designers, analyzers, coders, planners, and managers. We are organized into interdisciplinary teams to solve the challenging technical problems that our diverse customer set provides us.
Successful candidates for Design Engineer will have a demonstrated ability:
• Design modifications for special mission aircraft. Such modifications typically include the addition of antennas, structural modifications including cutting stringers, frames, skin panels, and relocating impacted systems.
• Designs and evaluates major components, or major portions of a functional system, or technically advanced prototype, promotional or specific products.
• Develop or improve products and collaborates in developing manufacturing operations and processes.
• Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
• Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development.
• Makes layouts of assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, structures, and products.
• Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
• Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
• Effectively communicate as part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to ensure that the aircraft systems contribute to the overall success of the program.
We work in the digital age. Candidates must be comfortable working with standard MS Office tools as well as have demonstrated experience on a Solid Modeling CAD system and Product Lifecycle Management system. Experience with NX/TeamCenter is preferred.
Accredited BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field 5-8 years.3-6 years MS Degree in a related field or have 10 years relevant experience.
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Melody Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.