- 177071 - Advanced Technologist 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 4 Advanced Technologist 3's for openings in Bellevue, WA or Charleston, NC.
You will be part of AnalytX Platform and Data teamnd will partner closely with a team of data technologists, data scientists, and business analysts leading cleint Big Data strategy. You will architect and implement these road maps and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights. You will provide technical direction to the engineering and application team. You will collaborate with internal functions to utilize the new big data tools. Responsibilities:
* Lead a team of technical resources performing solution development in the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop and Teradata)
* Provide architecture and technology leadership across Batch and Streaming data processing platforms
* Focus in one or more core areas: Hive, HBase, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Spark Streaming, NiFi and other tools within the big data ecosystem
* Design and develop data pipelines (code, scripting, tooling) for both structured and unstructured data
* Participate in requirements gathering and design technical workshops with platform users
* Estimate new projects
* Evaluate new big data technologies
* Leverage the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop and Teradata) to manage data at scale
* Integrating with external data sources and APIs
* Designing, building, and delivering apps following industry best practices.
* Work with the developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
- Strong SQL experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop and Teradata) in a production environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with Linux
- Minimum 1 year of experience building and deploying Java applications
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading a software development project
- Experience building data pipelines
- Experience collecting, organizing, synthesizing and analyzing data with Teradata
- Experience with Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase
- Experience on Hortonworks Hadoop Distribution
- Application development on Java
- Ability to "Read the Manual" and figure it out.
Accredited Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
10 % of the Time
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.