- 177090 - Linux (DevOps) Engineer - MN - OM
- Up to $64.94 DOE
- 6 months, CTH
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking Linux (DevOps) Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
The perfect candidate must have a passion for improving process, eliminating waste in workflows and enjoy the technical challenges in a dynamic environment. Provides direction, communication and coordination between the infrastructure support teams and the applications development team(s) in their continuous deployment activities. The Linux (DevOps) Engineer ensures that there are never repetitive tasks and that the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves. As processes change and the need grows, the Linux (DevOps) Engineer automates as much as possible to accelerate work so the infrastructure teams can deliver products earlier, consistently and more reliably.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 10 years of Systems Administration experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
• Seven years of experience in Systems Administration of Solaris or SuSE Linux systems in a large scale production environment
• Knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts:
• Linux system build design and administration
• Scripting languages (e.g. bash, ksh, perl, python, ruby, etc )
• IT service level agreements
• Performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps)
• Process/product testing and verification
• Knowledge of one or more IT platforms or products:
• Red Hat OPEN SHIFT
• Ansible, Ansible Tower
• Build automation into daily processes, including server builds, patching, and configuration analysis.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill sets in addition to the basic qualifications:
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration (shell scripts)
• Strong experience with Ansible and/or Ansible Tower
• Experience in working and configuring Red hat OPEN SHIFT Enterprise (OSE) to automate
• Strong experience with additional automation/configuration management tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent)
• Fluency in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby or equivalent)
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
• Integration of Git, in continuous deployment
• Strong experience with DevOps automation tools like Docker, Ansible.
• Experience with DevOps monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
• Experience with Jenkins and Add-on Plugins like Jenkins DSL plugin and more.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Knowledge of Oracle CRS
• Solid understanding of RHEL 7
• Proven knowledge with Python or Ruby scripting
• Proven knowledge of Docker or Jenkins
• Red Hat Certifications are a plus.
• Strong in the use of continuous integration and delivery processes and tools
• Local to the Eagan, MN area, no relocation assistance provide
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated disciplinE from accredited school.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Daniel McGowan at email@example.com
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.