- 177328 - Senior Customer Sales Support Specialist
- Grand Rapids
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Customer Sales Support Specialist for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
Ensures complete Customer Satisfaction with successful and timely execution of all Purchase Order requirements (Commercial and Military). Engage with APD Contract Management when appropriate. Supports Program Managers and Contract Managers with larger strategic programs that are essential to meeting APD revenue requirements. A complete knowledge of the Impresa ERP system and how orders flow from Forecasting, Purchasing, Production Planning, Production Floor, Quality, Shipping and Finance is required. Acts as liaison between APD and our customer’s procurement agents. Requires general supervision, uses independent judgment and applies constructive interpersonal skills. This position plays a key role in APD (SRQ and GRR) achieving their revenue goals and objectives.
• Manage assigned customer base. Access customer portals to download customer purchase orders on a daily basis. Includes customer 0 Hour Flight returns. Requires thorough knowledge of customer’s requirements.
• Prepare, process and acknowledge customer purchase orders in accordance with ARMP002 and APS PRO 018 PO Review Process. Maintains records of order files and related support documentation.
• Represents APD by preparing and communicating Purchase Order Acknowledgments to our customers and insuring compliance with all relevant Terms and Conditions.
• Works with assigned Contract Managers to insure purchase orders meet contractual requirements.
• Act as primary customer point of contact. Monitors the progress of all in-process orders; coordinates with appropriate personnel to troubleshoot any problems (Production, Export issues, Credit Holds, NOCs, etc.)
• Works with Operations to insure parts are available to build product and customer required delivery schedules can be met. Negotiates changes in ship dates with customers as necessitated by manufacturing schedules and/or changes in customer requirements.
• Communicates OEM forecasts (from OEM portals) on monthly basis with appropriate personnel (KAM, Sales Ops, Production).
• Interfaces with customers on equipment problems discovered after shipment; makes decisions on best corrective action and implements accordingly on a case-by-case ba¬sis.
• Manage On Time Delivery reports on customer portals. Collaborate all late and early deliveries on a weekly basis to ensure our OTD ratings are correct.
• Utilizing APD Export and Compliance office:
o Identify export license requirements and prepare documents as required (GRR only).
o Elevate boycott provisions and embargo restrictions to Export office.
o Insure correct Incoterms are used for all methods of transportation.
o Completes required export documentation for international customers.
• Responsible for processing incoming quotes from assigned customer base in a timely fashion. Communicate the appropriate pricing and delivery information to the customer. Requires knowledge of sales policy, pricing structure and relevant customer contracts.
• Initiates equipment spares orders from assigned customer base to avoid AOG situations.
• Participates in Win-Hand Off meetings and communicates all relevant customer information with appropriate KAMs, Program Managers and Contract Managers.
• Assists Finance Department with credit and collection issues by investigating over-due customer accounts and validating PO/Invoice for every shipment made to insure they are consistent per SOX requirements.
• As required, furnishes follow-up shipping documentation to customer on a timely ba-sis.
• 3 or more years’ experience
• Must be able to work independently, be flexible and able to shift priorities as required.
• Requires excellent time management, administrative and organizational skills.
• Performs all duties in complete compliance with all legal and ethical standards.
• Maintains the security of classified and/or company proprietary information.
• Provides necessary information to acquire/upgrade security clearances if required.
• Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment and necessity dictate.
Accredited Associates degree (AA) or equivalent education and experience.
9/80, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.