- 177426 - Buyer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $29 to $32.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Under supervision of the Manager of Procurement, the Buyer I is responsible to source, negotiate, and procure materials, supplies, and services cost-effectively and in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
1. Select sources, obtain quotes, negotiate, and procure materials and services awarding based upon company policy.
2. Prepare required paperwork for Purchase Order package, shippers, RFPs/RFQs, supplier and interdepartmental correspondence, etc.
3. Verify accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals, purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
4. Interface with both current and potential suppliers in order to (1) determine best price and delivery for current requirements, and (2) remain abreast of economic and business situations relating to procurement activity.
5. Maintain total ownership of supplier’s deliveries. Actions taken could include obtaining prints, samples, delivery dates, corrective action, and resolution to discrepant materials. Will likely involve negotiating with supplier when supplier caused rework occurs.
6. Process rejected materials back to supplier within a timely manner of receipt of dispositioned MDR.
7. Position is responsible for reporting accurate and up to date information both in MTO and in production team meetings as assigned. Due to working in a lean production environment, the buyer shall strive to meet a performance metric of 100% current data in both MTO and in shortage reporting in accordance with company procedures.
8. Interface with Engineering/Planning on Drawing discrepancies, B.O.M., and EO’s. Work with Program Managers on problems which effect meeting contract requirements.
9. Make periodic visits to manufacturers and suppliers to assure procurement standards are being maintained. Buyers whose commodities have vendor partnerships are required to work in accordance with partnership agreements. This could mean a more responsive time frame, a higher level of involvement and more frequent supplier visits to inspire supplier success, which will affect PPI success.
10. Buyers will do desk audits on a weekly basis to determine if their desk “queue” is meeting company standards of placing requisitions, updating purchase orders, processing RTVs, MDRs, AVRs and tracking to completion to avoid delivery impact, ensure suppliers are meeting current quality acceptance and on time delivery goals. When workload prevents buyer from accomplishing above noted standards, report to upper management and strategize solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to gain experience in Military Electronic, Electrical Material, make to print, and/or general purchasing experience as applicable to commodity assigned.
2. Ability to learn and understand application of Government Documentation of Purchasing records.
3. Willingness to interface with Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
4. Ability to learn and understand negotiations, price/cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
5. Should be proficient with the use of personal computers and Excel spreadsheets
1-2+ years related experience and/or training (buyer I); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have FAR/ DFARs experience and Price Analysis.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers and suppliers. Ability to effectively present information to top management and suppliers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability for 100% accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.