- 177748 - Senior Accounting Lead
- Grand Rapids
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Accounting Lead for an opening in Grand Rapids, MI.
As a Senior Accounting Lead, you will be responsible for leading accounting processes in inventory, manufacturing, engineering, revenue and accruals, as well as supporting all planning and reporting aspects thereof, financial support and analysis of all other functions and system issues.
• Cost Accounting (Project, WO, etc.)
• Inventory and Warranty Accounting (including reserves)
• Manages accruals, revenue recognition, and all other aspects of assigned scope
• Related MEC (month-end-close) activities
• Provide guidance on all finance related issues
• Support annual and monthly planning / forecasting
• Provide financial analysis and reports to Corporate as well and internal management
• Financial support of the Engineering organization, including Sales / Work orders review and approval
• Work closely with Program Management Office
• Mentor and training employees as needed
• Develop process and policies that support controls that protect the company’s assets
• Special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required
• Business related discipline, Accounting or Finance degree (MBA / CPA / CMA a plus)
• 4+ years Accounting and business experience (Aerospace / Avionics a plus)
• Experience in engineering project and/or cost accounting
• Continuous demonstration of understanding revenue, profitability, product and costs drivers
• Experience with tax Guidelines and Labor Laws
• Knowledge of manufacturing operations and inventory valuation principles
• Experience to negotiate across functional groups with awareness of personality types and styles
• Ability to perform financial analysis, modelling, executive presentations (written and verbal)
Accredited Business related discipline, Accounting or Finance degree (MBA / CPA / CMA a plus)
9/80, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.