- 177752 - IT Support Specialist
- CA-Ventura County
- 3-6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an IT Support Specialist for an opening in Goleta, CA.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist provides IT end-user support to the organization. The position provide assistance for problem resolution for PCs to include hardware and software troubleshooting to end users, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness. Installs, configures and maintain desktop systems, laptops, workstations, etc. Diagnose computer hardware, network systems, and computer software programs accurately and quickly. First line of help when customers encounter problems or defects with products and programs. Also, willingness to learn new aspects of IT infrastructure in a fast past environment.
• Function as internal customer service contact for IT organization via walk-ups, ticketing system, and phone support.
• PC, laptop, and printer hardware maintenance, troubleshooting, and/or repair.
• Install, configure, and maintain computers using Windows 7, Windows 10, and various Windows Server operating systems.
• Responds to questions of users concerning internal technology. Including, but not limited to: Desktops, Laptops, Printers, IP Phones, and connectivity within the company network.
• Able to work independently, manage time efficiently, prioritize, and quickly learn new technologies.
• Ensures placement of all new PC’s and other technology and assist staff members in any type of facility relocation and network changes.
• Can handle basic level escalations, but must recognize when to escalate higher-level problems to appropriate individuals.
• Takes ownership of the problem and follows through on resolution with end users and other pertinent IT staff.
• Directly provides support in various departments.
• Interacts with external customers.
• Proficiency with using Windows 7, Windows 10, Hyper-V Manager, Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2016.
• Technical understanding of the Internet, URLs, and email.
• Experience with various applications including LAN/WAN, Active Directory, Group Policy, and networking.
• Good strength with Network printers and Print Servers.
• Familiar with Dell Desktops, Dell Servers, and Dell related hardware.
• Possession of strong written and oral communications and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to effectively and pleasantly present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Ability to speak, read, write, spell and understand the English language.
• Good verbal skills, pleasant “telephone voice”, well-organized, good interpersonal skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to act in a courteous and pleasant manner with visitors and ability to remain calm and act in a professional manner at all times.
• Three (3) to five (5) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Desktop, Server, and IT support experience required.
• Microsoft certification not required, but a plus.
• Security Plus certification a plus.
• Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects.
• Employee regularly sits, talks and listens.
• Employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Employee may be required to be physically active while performing various duties.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
• Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
Accredited Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent to years of related experience.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.