- 178005 - Depot Material Specialist
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $24 to $26.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Depot Material Specialist for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site under moderate supervision. Uncrates and validates received items and assists Receiving Inspection. Verifies and crates items to be shipped. Performs simple to complex manual, clerical and computer data entry duties in the stockroom areas such as receiving, storing and disbursement of materials and helps maintains a good and accurate inventory. Organizes and maintains the stockroom per Contract requirements.
1. Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
2. Loads and unloads heavy materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves, by hand or with power hoist.
3. Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
4. Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
5. Moves or transports materials from Receiving, Stockroom, or Production work site to designated area.
6. Counts, sorts, or weighs and verifies the receipt of incoming material items.
7. Opens received containers and checks against paperwork validating quantity, part number and description.
8. Attaches identifying tags or labels to received materials, or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
9. Arranges storing of received materials in a neat and orderly manner onto shelves, racks or specified floor locations.
10. Determines item identification and stock location. Stores items in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number.
11. Assembles crates that are used to hold, contain, and ship various electronic assemblies.
12. Accurately receives and issues parts. Pulls kits and issues backorders. Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
13. Performs data entry on computer. Maintains computerized inventory records and documents all discrepancies and helps with complex part research.
14. Prepares periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock. Makes inventory adjustments as necessary.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
2. One year related experience and/or training
3. Basic reading and writing skills generally acquired through high school education.
4. Basic manual and finger dexterity.
5. Should be proficient with the use of hand tools.
6. Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.