- 178114 - Assembler
- CA-Northern California
- Santa Maria
- Up to $12.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton Ross is seeking a Assembler in Santa Maria, CA.
Assembles aircraft interior structures and/or parts, such as bins, galleys, lavatories, sidewalls, cargo liners, etc and builds sub assemblies for the completion of aircraft interior structures, and/or parts using engineering drawings, company and customer specifications.
Summary of Duties:
- Adheres to company and customer specifications, work instructions, engineering prints and work orders.
- Documents the materials used in the process to maintain traceability.
- Builds sub assemblies of aircraft components
- Forming of aluminum trim extrusions, fiberglass laminates and other materials for completion of the sub assemblies, parts or structures.
- Fills and fairs areas as necessary per the established specification or customer limits.
- Installs inserts and applies edging material.
- Assembles sub components for the structures/units.
- Assembles aircraft structures and units, such as:
- Bonds and attaches the sub assemblies to the structure/unit.
- Attaches the hardware, plumbing and some electrical components.
- Safely handles various regulated materials used in the process.
- Must carefully handle raw material and manufactured parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by handling.
- All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of C&D products.
- As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
- Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 0-3 years.
Computer Skills: Not required.
Other Skills: The ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
Description: Entry level.
1st Shift, 6:30am - 3:30pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.