- 178414 - QC Inspector
- Ann Arbor
- $13 to $26.00 DOE
- 8 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a QC Inspector for an opening in Ann Arbor, MI.
The Quality Assurance Inspector I examines products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications.
• Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformance to specifications. Examines items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit, inspects and measures items for dimensional accuracy fit, alignment and functional operation according to prints, parts manuals, company standards, and other specifications.
• Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and physical tests; communicating required adjustments, issues or trends to the Quality Control Lead.
• Approves finished goods by confirming specifications; conducting visual and physical tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
• During the inspection process, the Inspector may engage in preassembly-preparatory work such as cleaning of the housing, removal of excess adhesives, degreasing nuts and screws, and the greasing of o-rings and seal rings.
• During the visual inspection, the Inspector will look for any abnormalities such as dents, missing parts, and the general integrity of the product; the Inspector will also check for minor cosmetic issues such as scratches, nicks and switch operations.
• Visually inspect the holographic image, glass components and housing by looking at the surface quality.
• Physically inspect the holographic image, glass components and housing to assure every component falls within tolerance dictated by the product specifications and customer requirements.
• During the inspection process, the holographic image, glass components and/or housing may require cleaning of smudges, removal of dust or debris and/or minor re-work.
• Document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database. When defects are found, Inspector notifies Quality Control Lead and helps analyze and correct production problems.
• Perform image inspection by using VISIONx, a computer-based high-accuracy measurement system to inspect the holographic image for image brightness.
• Pack, label and scan throughout in-process production.
• Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
• Is consistently at work and on time; assures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to assure quality.
• Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
• Perform job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 0-2 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment
• Metrology knowledge and understating CAD drawings
• Knowledge and understanding of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerencing)
• Ability to work on a team and collaborate with others
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
• Visual acuity unaided or corrected 20/30 at a distance of 14 inches with at least one eye
• Pass depth perception test with a minimum rating of 4
• Pass color perception test
Specific vision acuity abilities required by this job shall be tested by medically trained and qualified personnel and adhere to the Client EOT work rule, “Visual Acuity.”
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to respiratory hazards, noise and vibration.
Health and Safety Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee may be exposed to lasers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 6:30AM - 4:00PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.