- 178561 - Software Engineering Manager
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $153000 to $175000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, this position provides all the functional management responsibilities of Software Engineering personnel for the Client Maritime Power Systems – Anaheim division. This position will have full responsibility of all resource management and development in a matrix organization across multiple US sites. The successful candidate will plan, develop, and coordinate employee training and professional development requirements. This role will perform direct line management activities for managers, supervisors, and employees in the department, including performance reviews, career development, resource allocation, and recognition. This position will support and contribute in the preparation of technical proposals towards capturing new business. This role will provide leadership and guidance to subordinate managers and supervisors and foster cross-functional communication and collaboration. This position will provide departmental guidelines for technical adequacy, adherence to established processes, standard work development, drive continuous improvement, and advocate accountability and ownership throughout the department.
• Responsible for developing the department standards, best practices and processes for the Software Engineering organization, enforcing its application, and capturing and codifying tacit knowledge.
• Manages and provides Software Engineering, analysis, and design resources in support of program requirements across multiple geographically disperse sites and manages manpower loading projections.
• Works closely with Project Engineering and Program Management to assign individuals who will perform detailed tasks on each program. Negotiates with Project Engineering to maintain full utilization of the departmental staff.
• Responsible for the departmental performance of formal design reviews both internally and with the customer. Review of technical artifacts.
• Responsible for employee hiring, training, career development planning, and any disciplinary activities.
• Develops the technical competence in staff to close skill gaps and to achieve satisfactory succession planning.
• Provides monitoring, reporting of department performance metrics, and corrective action plans.
• Defines, implements, and manages software configuration and change management processes and tools in conjunction with Configuration Management.
• Defines best practices for software design integration in collaboration with other engineering disciplines, especially Power Engineering, Digital Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and the release and transition of designs to manufacturing.
• Performs salary planning for all individuals under his/her supervision with input from Project Engineering and Program Management.
• Performs administrative services in support of the directorate: forecasting manpower needs, reviewing requests for proposal and proposal documents, supporting proposal technical volume generation, validating department quotations and basis of estimates, and managing department direct and indirect budgets.
• Meets company specified department goals flowed down from executive management.
• Strong Software Engineering design, development, and leadership experience of defense and industrial products.
• Strong engineering management experience, preferably in the defense industry, with software/firmware lifecycle and system integration experience.
• Experience leading a large engineering matrix organization across geographically dispersed locations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Navy/Military specifications and standards pertaining to software development, testing, and verification/certification processes. Knowledge of the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) process.
• Experience in proposal development and preparing defendable Basis of Estimates.
• Strong measurement, data analysis, and statistical skills.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
• Excellent department work planning, control, implementation and execution skills.
• A strong knowledge of embedded system development and real-time operating systems.
• Hands-on software development in C/C++, C#, and Win32 programming languages.
• Experience using UML or SysML and FPGA development using VHDL.
• IEEE 12207 experience or equivalence.
• A decisive leader and change agent who will defend his/her decision.
Accredited BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required plus 10+ years software and 5+ years management and direct leadership experience. M.S. degree in Computer Science or related advanced degree preferred.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.