- 176386 - Manufacturing Engineer
- $31.25 to $40.87 DOE
- Temp to Direct
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for an opening in Ayer, MA.
The Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for the technical design, maintenance, and development of new and existing electromechanical production lines for a diverse portfolio of product offerings. The Manufacturing Engineer will establish electromechanical manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Solving tactical production problems, designing and documenting assembly & validation equipment and procedures, and providing a key engineering service to production for fulfilling business targets and tracking metrics is expected from this position. The Manufacturing Engineer functions as a champion for continuous process improvement, applying the key principles of Lean & Six Sigma and plays a key role in support of the Quality Management System. This position may include supervision of other manufacturing engineering personnel as the needs of the department require.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. Confers and collaborates with fabricators, suppliers, assemblers and technicians.
• Creates, documents, and implements assembly and validation mechanical fixtures, tooling, and equipment for manufacturing requirements.
• Responsible for creating product cable drawings and specifications working with design engineers.
• Partners with other engineers, such as software engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result.
• Contributes to the process of design for manufacturing (DFM), design to cost (DTC).
• Design, develop, and document new product mechanical & electromechanical production tests to verify functionality and quality.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout to reduce costs and cycle time while maintaining high standards of quality (yield, out-of-box, etc.).
• Create and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly metrics reports for production personnel, supervisors, managers, and site leaders as required.
• Identify, document, and perform preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment as necessary.
• Participate in design reviews to ensure good manufacturing and serviceability requirements are met.
• Implement and oversee procedures to meet regulatory agency requirements to ensure safety, environmental, and design standards are met.
• Create and maintain Production Standard Work documents for new and legacy parts and assemblies.
• Provides training to Manufacturing personnel.
• Supports day-to-day Operations through sustaining engineering. Investigates and solves problems affecting production.
• Develop Bills of Material, Purchasing Specs, Assembly Methods, Validation Protocols and Reports.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and knowledge.
• Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills.
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
• Must be available to travel, if required.
• Experience in electromechanical production environments solving manufacturing assembly related issues
• Experience in Kaizens and lean manufacturing techniques is a plus
• Experience using CAD software for mechanical design is a plus
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience is a plus
• Experience using MRP software is a plus
Accredited BS in Mechanical Engineering with one to five years of experience
9/80, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.