- 176866 - Microelectronic Technician 1
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Manhattan Beach
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 1 year
FABRICATION/SUBSTRATES: A highly motivated and detail oriented individual is being sought for the Semiconductor Wafer Fabrication Facility. Candidates' role will be vital in maintaining the highest quality standards in the cutting edge of the semiconductor industry. Level 1 microelectronic technician to perform all the following processes in III/V Semiconductor front side and backside wafer processing: Photoresist coating, Contact Aligner and Stepper Exposure, Vacuum Processes including: Evaporation, Sputtering, Dry Etch, and Passivation PVD; microscope inspection, metal plating, wet etches, strip lift-off. Hands on training will be done on the shift that you are assigned to.
DICE/SORT/VISUAL: 3 categories of responsibilities:
1) Visual Inspection of GaAs and InP production line products, covering all Commercial and Flight MMIC programs. Perform detailed microscope inspections of III-V semiconductor wafers and chips (sub-micron technologies), then accurately document results by taking photos and entering into database.
2) Dicing and sorting chips to Commercial or Flight inspection criteria and transferring them into separate waffle trays with the use of vacuum pick-up tool or tweezers.
3) Automated Visual Inspection Tool operation and recipe programming. Would program recipes in computer controlled inspection tools, Run wafers using automated inspection tool and do defect review using defect review software.
High School Diploma or G.E.D and 2 years of related work experience in Semiconductors; OR AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 0 years' experience.
Meticulous and focused individual with manual dexterity.
Able to work with small/fragile parts (1"x1").
High degree of patience.
Quick learner (can memorize a large amount of procedures, then apply to wafers they are processing).
Excellent decision making and communication skills needed.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, computer skills are a plus.
Computer controlled inspection programming experience is desired, but not required.
Experience with 50x-1000x Optical microscopes and related experience in microelectronics inspection are preferred.
High School Diploma or G.E.D, OR AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline is required.
School must be accredited.
3/10 workweek from Friday through Sunday: 4AM to 3PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.