- 177680 - Composite Production Technician
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Long Beach
- $27.45 to $29.80 DOE
- 3-6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Technician for an opening in Long Beach, CA.
Install thermal protection items like cork and spray on foam.
Operate a two part foam application machine.
Operate an environmentally controlled spray/paint booth.
Own safety on the shop floor including developing policies associated with safety and PPE.
Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness.
Ability to train and lead team members, be willing to lead by example and jump in to help when required.
Use of hand tools for the modifications of composite parts.
Work with and provide input to the development and manufacturing engineers to improve part manufacturability.
Candidate must have composite, assembly or integration, and propulsion experience. All MUST show; composite experience alone is NOT acceptable.
Manager would like to see rocket/aircraft manufacturing experience.
Manager would like to see some avionics experience okay (wire harness checkouts or avionics checkouts).
Manager would like to see experience with Pressure testing, Flight systems and Integration.
If candidate was in a military, manager is open in reviewing resumes with power plant license or flight line experience.
A&P license isn't required but nice to have.
• 2 years prior experience in composite production is required
• Knowledge of composite fabrication methods and techniques including filament winding
• Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
• Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
• Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
• Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
• Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
• Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
• Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
• Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted)
• Excellent computer skills, Microsoft, Excel and Power Point
• Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
• Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
2nd Shift, 2:00PM - 10:30PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.