- 177691 - Mechanical System Design & Analysis Engineer 3
- Kennedy Space Center
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical System Design & Analysis Engineer 3 located at Kennedy Space Center, FL.
This position leads the development and maintenance of engineering product definition. Oversees the development of design layouts and the modification of existing designs to satisfy customer and production requirements. Develops engineering product definition to establish the primary structures system design for satellite product lines including primary structures, deployable structures and antenna/feed/horn structures, assemblies, wire harness and electro-mechanical products based upon Company requirements and parameters. Coordinates development of engineering product definition with internal/external parties to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and design parameters as well as product functionality. Integrates work statement, work scope and work transfer packages with internal and external customers to requirements. Oversees, directs and integrates the completion of product definition across internal and external business partners and products to provide a functional end-product. Investigates and resolves complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues. Verifies accuracy of engineering data produced by others. Primary job duties:
• Supports team to develop, maintain and modify structures/payload system, component and wire harness designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools (UG NX required), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T – ASME Y14.5M) standards and/or other design methods, to drive product definition with other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle. Candidates will use Engineering Design Release System (EDRS).
• Supports and leads performance, integration and analysis of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
• Supports supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
• Assists with investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
• Supports definition of mechanical, structural, environmental design and integration requirements for the S/C and its constituent assemblies and components including both flight and non-flight (GSE) hardware.
• Supports definition of spacecraft drawing/model tree and assignment, general arrangement drawing/model, and all Interface Control Dwg/Models including but not limited to Moving Mechanical Assemblies (MMAs).
• Supports and maintains drawing/modeling requirements, standards and flow-down thereof.
• Supports definition of design standards required for design-analysis integrated models.
• Supports definition of mechanical design trade space and closure criteria.
• Supports definition and execution on CCCP (Critical Clearance Control Plan) including definition and verification of CCCL (Critical Clearance Control List activities).
• Supports approval of manufacturing and integration plan, Digital Mock-Up (DMU) and Virtual Manufacturing (VM) simulation reviews.
• Supports approval of design reviews, test plans and procedures, critical planning procedures.
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Up to 10% to other cleint Sites, Suppliers and Customers.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.