- 177880 - Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework Subject Matter Expert 3
- 5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework Subject Matter Expert 3 for an opportunity for a remote position with occasional travel or on-site work.
• Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity. Problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more technologies/skills related to A&A activities
• Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
• Actively participate in working group meetings to identify, plan, and execute strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
• Attend and participate in regular A&A status meetings to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
Day-to-day tasks are contingent on related experience and assigned role, and may include the following:
• Develop, update, and/or review RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports
• Assess system compliance against NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
• Produce evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements
• Work with system administrators, engineers, and developers to create or update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
• Coordinate with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
• Conduct regular vulnerability scans of information systems and assist in remediation tasks
• Submit weekly reports to DHA leadership regarding system/program status
• Demonstrated efficiency and experience in one or more of the following areas:
o RMF package development, including POA&Ms (mitigation statements), Security Plans, Risk Assessments, system/site policies, procedures, and processes, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
o Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security System (HBSS)
o DISA STIGs/SRGs validation
o NIST 800-53 control validation
o Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS)
o RMF policy development and strategy implementation
o BIOMED experience (former technician, physician, engineer, etc.) installing, testing, using, maintaining, designing, and/or modifying medical equipment and applications
• Demonstrated experience with Risk Management Framework (experience under DHA a plus)
• Excellent customer service and organization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with NIST publications
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• DoD 8570-compliant (CompTIA Security+ certified)
• Ability to obtain OS certification or complete approved related training within 180 days of hire
• Ability to travel up to 25-35% **Note: Position is remote-based; however, applicant must be located within or near the Tacoma, WA region and able to attend local meetings/events on site as needed.
Additional Qualifications a Plus:
• Experience with eMASS
• Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
o Medical devices
o Network Devices
o Databases – MS SQL, Oracle
o VMWare – Virtualization
Accredited BS degree and six (6) years of experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology, or twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.