- 178009 - Medical Assistant Specialist C
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Medical Assistant Specialist for an opening in Mesa, AZ.
This administrative function provides support for the client Post Offer Pre-Employment (PEMS) function. This screening function is performed administratively utilizing online and paper health questionnaires and medical evaluations and testing performed by client onsite clinics and/or offsite community health care providers. This is a non-clinical (administrative) Medical Assistant position as all evaluations or exams are performed offsite in client onsite clinics and/or community provider offices.
- Provide the primary contact for calls and other communication (emails, faxes, correspondence) coming into the PEMS department.
- Communicates the Occupational Health Examination and/or other testing requirements to applicants.
- Assists with scheduling any required health examinations and/or health questionnaires.
- Contacts applicants and outside clinics to schedule required medical evaluations and/or examinations
- Utilizing excellent problem solving skills, works with applicants, client onsite clinic staff and off-site medical facilities and providers to assist our applicants in smoothly receiving any required questionnaires and/or medical evaluations required for the specific job for the applicant.
- When examination requirements are unclear works with management and/or PEMS Medical Director to clarify.
- Receives completed Health Questionnaires online and distributes to available PEMS Administrative Nurses for review.
- This work requires close attention to details, as Occupational Health requirements are based on a matrix listing job and job location. If Occupational Health requirements are unclear this may require additional communication with management and/or PEMS Medical Director.
- This work requires above average knowledge of electronic business payment systems.
- Receives invoices, billing statements and processes business, travel expenses and works with online procurement and medical record ordering systems utilizing client electronic business systems.
- Adheres to department and company health information protection policies and works with interdisciplinary team to ensure integrity of health record communication and transfers of personal health information.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of health information management. Orders, maintains, and returns medical records as required to support Post-Offer Medical Screening requirements.
- This work provides other administrative support to other client Health Services functions when required. This may include assistance with other client Health Services functions co-located with PEMS such as International Health Services, Drug-Free Workplace, and/or Hearing Conservation Program administrative requirements.
•Medical Assistant Licensure
•4+ years of experience as a licensed medical assistant
•Excellent Communication and multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize work activity
•Medical Assistant Degree
Accredited High school diploma or GED
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
This position will be primarily assigned a day work schedule (e.g. 7:00 am - 3:30 pm) Monday through Friday, but may be asked to work other schedules and/or rarely overtime based on hiring volumes and other departmental work requirements.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.