- 178178 -
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Configuration Manager for an opportunity in Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
• Provide support and expertise in organizing and issuing Data Calls to include but not be limited to, drafting of Data Call letters for Government review and release, integrating inputs from Integrated Product Team (IPT) functionals into draft Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL)s, preparing data review documentation, participating in the Data Call, documenting discussions/recommended changes, preparing draft minutes after the completion of the Data Call, supporting data review and following up on and maintaining status of action items.
• Plan and facilitate Configuration Control Board
• Support the conduct of data reviews.
• Assist data users and requesters with the selection and tailoring of Data Item Descriptions (DIDs), provide data management support to prepare and maintain the CDRL for inclusion in Requests for Proposals (RFPs), contracts and contract modifications.
• Update and maintain data management and associated DID files.
• Maintain configuration status accounting databases and records to reflect the configuration status of baseline documentation and fielded systems and equipment.
• Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Contract Change Proposals (CCPs) and Request for Deviations (RFDs) to resolve discrepancies and issues.
• Support Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs), Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs), program requirements and design reviews and compliance audits by attending and preparing reports, as required.
• Ensure data requirements to successfully execute the program are incorporated into the Statement of Work (SOW).
• Develop briefing charts, participate in and track implementation of approved changes resulting from Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) and Change Request Screening Boards (CRSB).
• Analyze and track Deficiency Reports (DRs) to include root-cause analysis, identification of possible technical solutions, assist in prioritizing of deficiencies for future action and provide technical recommendations.
• Support Certification Working Group meetings.
• Organize and support the Material Improvement Project Review Boards (MIPRBs) and generate reports as required.
• Application of distribution statements and Federal Acquisition Regulations/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (FAR/DFARS) data rights clauses.
• Engineering and analytical disciplines ensuring processes and products used in the design, development, fabrication, manufacture and installation resulting in quality products in accordance with applicable specifications and configuration management plans.
• Experience in SharePoint and Records Management
• Air Force Material Command and Air Force Life Cycle Management Center policies, processes, and procedures
• DoD 5000.02 and AFI 63-101 policies, processes and procedures
• Conflict resolution
• Problem Solving
• Critical and Creative Thinking
• Clear and well organized communication skills
The Senior Configuration Manager must have at least ten (12) years of USAF or DoD configuration management experience required.
Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and additional configuration/data management software such as Multi-user Engineering Change Proposal Automated Review System (MEARS) and Joint Data Reporting Systems (JDRS) as required. Have a working knowledge of relevant configuration/data management publications and regulations to assist with identifications, reporting and resolving deficiencies.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree is preferred but experience can be used in lieu of degree.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.