- 178216 - Senior Buyer
- 8 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Buyer for an opportunity in Tempe, AZ
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Support staff must be intellectually mature, articulate, and able to deal effectively with process management as well as MOS management internally and coordinating with key sourcing stakeholders. Should have excellent written and presentation skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously.
• Support the commodity teams by assisting in the following tasks to allow commodity teams to drive eAuction success:
• Compile and schedule SRA0
• Ensure export compliance
• Send out RFQs to suppliers
• Respond to supplier questions
• Update CTT schedule
• Create/Update Ariba eAuction project
• Create/Update Ariba Contract Workspace
• Negotiate T&Cs prior to auction
• Compile and schedule SRA1s as needed
• Compile folders for compliance package
• Follow up calls to suppliers to ensure timely response to RFQ and signature dates
• Follow up calls to ensure supplier participation in the auction
• Works with cross functional teams to ensure eAuction project objectives and timelines are met
• Change Agent: Effectively support integration of new and existing processes into Strategic Sourcing MOS and cross-functionally as required.
• Read, Write and Speak in English
• 1+ years of experience in sourcing, planning, or related field in the supply chain preferred
• Experience working in large, complex multi-national firms preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with Ariba preferred
• Demonstrated experience working with external suppliers preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to deal with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally
• Ability to effectively influence stakeholders within and outside the sourcing organization
• Advanced level expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word.)
• Experience with SAP desired
Accredited bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.