- 178237 - Aircraft Electronics Technician
- $30 to $32.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aircraft Electronics Technician for an opening in Crestview, FL.
Performs repair, adjustment, removal and replacement of aircraft electrical and avionics systems components and accessories. All work is performed in accordance with applicable manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, company directives and other approved data. Component repairs are normally limited to external adjustments not involving internal circuit troubleshooting. May be required to use hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties.
• Maintain assigned aircraft in accordance with Navy, Manufacturer and Company Instructions.
• Use provided test equipment and Ground Support Equipment to perform assigned tasks.
• Read, interpret, and apply instructions from schematics, approved date and maintenance manuals.
• Assist with ordering parts, tools, materials and equipment as required.
• Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
• Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
• Responsible for adhering to the Company Tool Control Program.
• Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
• May be required to perform Collateral Duty Inspector functions when qualified and certified.
• Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
• May be required to perform simple computer input functions.
• Perform corrosion control cleaning and removal as required.
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years documented hands on general experience in aircraft avionics component maintenance and/or aircraft electrical systems maintenance.
• Must be able to become certified in altimeters, transponder and pitot/static certification requirements.
• Must have experience in corrosion detection, treatment and preservation.
• Must have a good working knowledge of assigned aircraft maintenance and parts manuals and be familiar with Manufacturer Manuals and Company Instructions.
• Must have knowledge of materials used and safety precautions as applicable to usage.
• Must have a valid state operator’s license and be able to pass the government licensing requirements.
• Must be able to read, speak, write legibly and understand the English language.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment. Must be able to climb/board aircraft. Must be able to bend, stoop, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp. Must be able to walk for long distances moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as for typing. Must be able to communicate effectively. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects or small parts. Must be able to work in extreme heat. Will be subject to noise and hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat. Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation. Must be able to work in narrow aisles or passageways.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
1st Shift, Day shift starting at 5:30 a.m.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.