- 178367 - Aeronautical Engineer
- CA-Northern California
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aeronautical Engineer for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA
This position is for a landing gear engineer. A successful candidate will have a complete understanding of the principles and techniques for most of the following: landing gear, door mechanisms, gear retraction, hydraulic or electro-mechanical actuators, bearing selection, steering, brakes, tires and preliminary structural analysis. The candidate will coordinate efforts across a wide range of functional organizations including Airframe Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Tooling, Structural Analysis, Materials & Processes, Flight Sciences, Test and Manufacturing.
• Development, test, and validation of mechanical designs.
• Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Creation and/or modification of primary and secondary structure with 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations.
• Creation and/or modification of system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures, statements of work, trade studies, and component/ground/flight test plans.
• Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at Lockheed Martin and external supplier facilities.
3-D CATIA experience is required.
Mechanisms Engineering experience is required.
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is required.
Accredited BS+9-15 YRS or MS+7-13 YRS
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.