- 178369 - Landing Gear Design Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Landing Gear Design Engineer for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA
This position is for a landing gear engineer. A successful candidate will apply extensive technical expertise with landing gear system principles and techniques including most of the following: shock strut, door mechanisms, gear retraction, hydraulic or electro-mechanical actuators, bearing selection, steering, brakes, tires and preliminary structural analysis. The candidate will coordinate efforts across a wide range of functional organizations including Airframe Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Tooling, Structural Analysis, Materials & Processes, Flight Sciences, Test and Manufacturing.
• Development, test, and validation of mechanical designs.
• Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Creation and/or modification of primary and secondary structure with 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations.
• Creation and/or modification of system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures, statements of work, trade studies, and component/ground/flight test plans.
• Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at Lockheed Martin and external supplier facilities.
• May function in a project leadership role where they manage system performance, budget and schedule.
3-D CATIA experience is required.
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience is required.
Landing Gear Engineering experience is required.
Accredited BS+16 YRS or MS+14 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.