- 178478 - Buyer
- CA-Ventura County
- $27 to $33.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Goleta, CA.
- Issue request for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select the best source that will provide cost, quality, and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical components.
- Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with the division's policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and departments to resolve price, quality delivery, or invoice issues.
- Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or cancellations.
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary
- Work with planners to maintain materials and services are consistent with the production schedule.
- Perform other procurement tasks and projects and needed
- Experience working with defense/aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
- Must have good working knowledge of MRP systems.
Accredited BA or BS in Materials Management, procurement, business administration, operations planning or related field preferred.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.