- 178572 - Ab Conjugation Scientist I
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $18.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Ab Conjugation Scientist I for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
The Conjugation Scientist I (Contingent) will be responsible for the production of fluorescently labeled bioconjugates, including chemical modification and conjugation to antibodies and recombinant proteins, and purification of bioconjugates. This individual will function as an integral member of the Manufacturing team.
• Learn and comply with policies and procedures set forth by departmental Standard of Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Prepare and initiate all procedures and documents under supervision
• Carry out and optimize appropriate methods for the conjugation, purification and characterization of bioconjugates under supervision
• Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures
• Input data and observations into database accurately and efficiently
• Maintain lab supply inventory and re-order as needed
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products with emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word
• Strong laboratory mathematical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player (demonstrated experience working in support of a successful project team)
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Occasional use of a step-stool is required to reach for objects. Close vision is required. While performing duties of this position, employee will occasionally work with fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Biology or related field; 0-3 years experience in a lab environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.